If you have your Lightroom and Photoshop software set to auto update you probably already are aware of the latest updates to Adobe Camera Raw and Adobe Lightroom. For those of you that dont use the auto update system, Adobe has released updates for both Adobe Camera Raw and Adobe Lightroom. Adobe Camera Raw has been updated to version 6.4 and Lightroom has been updated to version 3.4. Both updates address changes made to provide support for some additional camera raw file types. The new cameras supported with this update are Canon Rebel T3i (600D) and T3 (1100D), Nikon D5100, Olympus E-PL1s and E-PL2, Samsung NX11, Fuji FinePix x100 and a few others. Download into and a lost of bug fixes are available after the break.
Below is a list of the Bug Fixes found in the latest release for Lightroom.
Lightroom 3.4 Bugs – Fixed
• Lightroom encountered issues presenting double-byte character metadata after the image was edited on Photoshop.com
• Video files were allowed to be added to a SmugMug publish collection not capable of supporting video uploads
• The up and down arrow keys did not work properly when trying to adjust a point tone curve with the Targeted Adjustment Tool
• Updates have been made to Lightroom 3.4 to comply with Metadata Working Group standards
• An image at zoom level “1:2″ may have momentarily blurred when the mouse is released from a slider (Windows only)
• Folder creation caused an expanded folder hierarchy to close unexpectedly in the Library Module
• Virtual Copies added to a Publish to Hard Drive collection could fail to export properly if the original image had already been published
• Updating the metadata of a file by selecting the update button in the Metadata panel would fail to update the metadata
• A Japanese language file name is not properly preserved when uploading images to SmugMug
• Color Noise reduction values were not properly saved in presets
• Not all appropriate metadata fields were excluded when choosing the Minimize Embedded Metadata export option
• The Lightroom Plug-in Manager may not have displayed correctly when operating Lightroom with the French language selected
• In a Flickr publish collection an error would occur when attempting to republish an image marked as “Hide from Public areas”
• Images rotated once in a publish collection could have displayed inconsistent rotations between the grid view and the filmstrip (Windows only)
• Mouse movements when a secondary window had been enabled would cause unnecessary processor activity
• The SmugMug Smart Publish Collection dialog on a 1024×768 display could have closed without warning and prevented access to the main Lightroom window
• Keyword completion was broken when spaces were included
• Multiple Facebook publishing errors have been corrected in Lightroom 3.4
• Publish collections did not work properly if the sort order is set to descending. (“Z to A”)
• Cropped images could have momentarily appeared without a crop while moving from image to image in the Develop module
• Image counts were not updating properly when nested collection sets were separated
• If image files were located on an unavailable network volume, it might have taken several minutes for Lightroom to properly display the thumbnails in the grid view (Windows only)
• Using the up/down arrow keys or the mouse wheel to adjust a parameter while the graduated filter is activated caused increments of plus or minus 100 instead of 1
• Interlacing artifacts, and a slight magenta cast in the deepest shadows could have appeared on some high-contrast edges of Canon mRaw files.
• Video files captured by an Apple iPhone and imported into Lightroom showed the incorrect capture date of December 31, 1903
• In some instances, photos labeled as “Modified Photos to Re-Publish” in a Publish Collection would fail to be re-categorized as “Published” after a succesfull publish operation
• A magenta color cast could have appeared on Nikon D7000 or Pentax K-5 images if the multi-exposure feature was used with raw capture
Here is a list of the Bug fixes and changes for ACR 6.4. Camera support is the same as for Lightroom 3.4.
These items have been FIXED in Camera Raw 6.4:
• Camera Raw did not allow write-back capability for the EXIF GPS properties.
• The DNG File format did not support XMP Media Management.
• A JPEG file with a specific characteristic was found to have a pink cast.
• The undo command (Command+z) was failing to undo crop adjustments.
• Single images marked for deletion were not moved to the trash.
• A magenta color cast could have appeared on Nikon D7000 or Pentax K-5 images if the multi-exposure feature was used with raw capture.
• Applying Sigma 10-20mm Lens Profile to Nikon D7000 raw files could have produced dark or black corners
• Some EXIF fields of Panasonic raw files appeared to be blank in Bridge Metadata panel
• Applying the exposure adjustment brush to a high ISO image could have caused excessive noise reduction correction to the entire image